Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Offical Change Request Tracking Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    Is there a way to put a link back to the forum at the bottom of the thread? Like, when I finish reading this thread, I want to go back out to General Discussion.
    Do you mean like the "Quick Navigation" thing directly under the last post? Click on the drop-down arrow next to it, and you'll be able to select where you want to go from there.
    Save $6.00 on the awesome budgeting software YNAB

Try Plan to Eat meal planning software. You can import recipes, type in your own, grab recipes from your friends, and it will populate a shopping list for you based on the recipes you plan to use.

Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an experience.

You can either live in the past, or look towards the future. You cannot simultaneously do both with success.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinItt View Post
    Do you mean like the "Quick Navigation" thing directly under the last post? Click on the drop-down arrow next to it, and you'll be able to select where you want to go from there.
    Yeah, that's annoying, though. On the old Fusetalk mess, there was just a straight up link at the bottom of each page of the thread going back out to the forum. All that clicking and scrolling is just. so. much. werk.
    I'm not even supposed to be here today.

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is there a way to put a link back to the forum at the bottom of the thread? Like, when I finish reading this thread, I want to go back out to General Discussion.
    I use my back button on my browser and it takes me back to the forum from whence I came (or, in my case, back to New Posts)
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's annoying, though. On the old Fusetalk mess, there was just a straight up link at the bottom of each page of the thread going back out to the forum. All that clicking and scrolling is just. so. much. werk.
    I see.:lemo:
    Save $6.00 on the awesome budgeting software YNAB

Try Plan to Eat meal planning software. You can import recipes, type in your own, grab recipes from your friends, and it will populate a shopping list for you based on the recipes you plan to use.

Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an experience.

You can either live in the past, or look towards the future. You cannot simultaneously do both with success.

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Two clicks.

1) "Top"
    2) Breadcrumbs link

BUT - I agree with you, I like breadcrumbs at top and bottom. AFTER vb5 move, that's on my agenda.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Bad Immerito! Bad, Bad Immerito! Immerito's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Immerito View Post
    An insert video link so that videos are embedded inside a post.
    This was never directly replied to, so either Greebo didn't see it, or he laughed evilly, showed it to his minions, and tossed the idea into Orodruin.

A.K.A. "The Manfriend"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I'm on my phone (not sure if it happens on the laptop) and press the back button, the page always go to the top of the last page rather than to where on the page I had previously clicked on. For example, if I'm at the main forum page, scroll down and click on the politics forum, let that load, then go back to the main page, the page will be at the very top rather than at the politics link. It doesn't happen on other sites so it doesn't seem to be a browser setting.

Knows too much. Must die. NinjaNerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a forum category for product reviews. Sometimes you see those in Watercooler, sometimes in frugal living.
    We often have people getting kitchen appliances, cell phones, tablets, going to concerts or events, maybe a product reviews would generate some traffic. If it was open to guest accounts, the reviews may even show up on google searches, bringing new people to the site.

9. Likes Shelbruk liked this post
    Feeling comfortable with the plan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see a Like (or whatever y'all decide) as well as a HUGS button. I don't post much but sometimes I want to show that I read a post and am thinking of them. {{{Shelbruk}}}
    Last edited by Paquita; 09-20-2015 at 02:52 PM. Reason: add info

Bad Immerito! Bad, Bad Immerito! Immerito's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNerd View Post
    How about a forum category for product reviews. Sometimes you see those in Watercooler, sometimes in frugal living.
    We often have people getting kitchen appliances, cell phones, tablets, going to concerts or events, maybe a product reviews would generate some traffic. If it was open to guest accounts, the reviews may even show up on google searches, bringing new people to the site.
    I like this idea. A recommendations/reviews forum.