User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Contributing to Debt Free Fanatics

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it looks like we're okay for a month or two.
    People who beat their swords into plowshares end up plowing for people who kept their swords.

Don't handicap your children by making their lives easy. Robert A. Heinlein

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Everyone who donated using the old software, I just finished manually keying in your donations. You should all have access to display your Contributor tag now.

Also the one user who set up a one time paid subscription, I logged your donation as well, and I've disabled the paid subscription engine because we really don't need two different ways to donate...
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Contributions are temporarily offline due to some configuration issues between paypal and our banks.

I can't accept any donations right now until this is sorted and I don't want anyone else's donations sitting in limbo until this is sorted out.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Gee, I hope we have enough cash reserves to see us through this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well... funny story...

We decided to reorganize our bank accounts. We had been using a local bank for our real estate, but we have 2 properties where my BIL is co-owner and one that's just ours, so we decided after Mrs. Mom died that we needed to restructure. We've set up a few accounts with Ally - one for BIL+Us, one for US, and have been transitioning the finances to those accounts, including our mortgage payments for our personal house which also came from real estate and now will come from the "Just Us" account.

Unfortunately due to timing issues, I couldn't kill the auto-draft from Wells Fargo right when I was thinking about it, cause it was in transit, so while we left some funds in the old account after moving my direct deposit to the new account, the auto-draft hit the old account. Then I forgot about it for a couple weeks (stupid, I know) and it hit the old account again.

Meanwhile we'd decided to use the OLD account as the new DFF account so we linked that to paypal.

So I'd started a withdrawal from paypal to what was there to the new DFF account, right about the same time the old bank decided we'd abandoned the account. The transfer was rejected as "account closed", and so Paypal delinked the account from the bank.

So right now our paypal account is "unverified" because it's linked to Zero banks, and we're waiting on the funds that didn't transfer to reappear in paypal (deadline is Oct 20 per Paypal). So right now we have about $900 in limbo, another $85 or so available in Paypal, and a couple small donations that we cannot accept because we're unverified (which is why I shut down contributions).

Fortunately we don't have any payments pending (and won't for another 10 months) so this is mostly a nuisance. Of course, my mortgage lender wasn't happy about two failed payments, and on top of everything else, I'd scheduled Ally to start sending payments to Wells Fargo but did not realize that Wells Fargo wouldn't take half payments from Ally UNLESS it was WF pulling the funds, so we were 2 weeks late on our primary mortgage this month.

So - I've got a NEW bank account being set up (Wells Fargo this time - we're done with this particular local bank) - and once that process is done we'll link it to paypal and start taking donations again, and hopefully paypal is true to their word and we'll get our $900 back by mid next week.

Whee.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Uh.

Ew.

Hoping everything will be fine once the dust settles.

Bad Immerito! Bad, Bad Immerito! Immerito's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    The Evil Overlord executed many of his minions for incompetence that day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Wow, that sounds like a hot mess, especially about your mortgage payments being "late", but glad it's getting sorted out.
    Save $6.00 on the awesome budgeting software YNAB

Try Plan to Eat meal planning software. You can import recipes, type in your own, grab recipes from your friends, and it will populate a shopping list for you based on the recipes you plan to use.

Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an experience.

You can either live in the past, or look towards the future. You cannot simultaneously do both with success.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well after a few phone calls, I've pieced together the missing pieces.

Turns out our mortgage company didn't just try to draw the funds once, but over and over and over again, so they racked up some pretty hefty fees at our now ex local brick and mortar bank.

They got the paypal money, took out what they were owed (cause you know how electronic transactions justify a $30 per attempt fee...) and sent me a check for the rest, which just arrived today.

And my NEW checking account with Wells Fargo is now active and linked, so contribution are open again.

I'd love to blame a bank here, but I screwed up, and banks are gonna bank when their members screw up. Can't blame sharks for eating the swimmers. So - the lost funds from DFF will be reimbursed out of pocket, no problem there, and we're back in full operation. Now I just need to deposit the money back in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If we get and stay far ahead of our needs, maybe we should look into some internet advertising to drive more people to the site? Facebook ads are relatively cheap. Haven't priced Google ads lately, although they regularly hound me to purchase them for my business. I miss having a bunch of newbies around to help.
    Mortgage $0.00

Moving to BS3. My car loan is at 2.25%, and my high-yield savings account pays 5.15% It doesn't make sense to pay off the car early.
    BS3: $8150
    BS2: Car loan ​$8502.25/$17,724.29