User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Completed change requests

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    When I use the link icon to make a link from a web address, I can only show the entire ugly web address. It doesn't give me a place to put in text and then the web address. This is in either advance or quick reply mode. But I've seen some other posts that have normal text just underlined for the link.

Is there some setting to fix this?
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Someone wrote a wonderful blog article on links that addresses that precise question.

You can find it here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is handled through "subscriptions".

When you start a thread, there is a place down below where you enter the text where you can choose to subscribe to the thread. It will then notify you -- either through your control panel on your Settings page or through several flavors of email options -- whenever there is a new post in the thread. You can also subscribe to any thread -- even ones you didn't start yourself -- by choosing Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread ...

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spoiled_lil_boy View Post
    Someone wrote a wonderful blog article on links that addresses that precise question.

You can find it here.
    That really is an excellent project you did, spoiled. Thanks for that!
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    That really is an excellent project you did, spoiled. Thanks for that!
    Thanks. There are more to come. Someone asked for one on searching but I'm trying to hold off until after the upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn't read the whole thread so it may be here, but I would like the ability to tell the computer how long to keep me logged in for. I like being able to have this up while I'm working on other stuff and I get logged out before I can post a lot of the time.
    Started April 2012

Original DFD: November 2024
    Current DFD: November 29, 2017

BS3 Redo starts 5/1/22 $3,000/20,000

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikikat0015 View Post
    I didn't read the whole thread so it may be here, but I would like the ability to tell the computer how long to keep me logged in for. I like being able to have this up while I'm working on other stuff and I get logged out before I can post a lot of the time.
    When you log in, make sure you click "Remember Me" next time. That will keep you logged in indefinitely, until you choose to log out.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks!
    Started April 2012

Original DFD: November 2024
    Current DFD: November 29, 2017

BS3 Redo starts 5/1/22 $3,000/20,000

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got my like button and a bonus thank button. I need nothing more. Thank you for the great service.

10. Likes CookieB, textev, CousinItt, pknord liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Completed change requests

This thread was created purely so I can move completed asks out of the official change request tracking thread.