Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Completed change requests

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    True, but Ogg also private citizen with free will then, not subjugated minion of cruel taskmaster.

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spoiled_lil_boy View Post
    True, but Ogg also private citizen with free will then, not subjugated minion of cruel taskmaster.

If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Well, phooey. We found one thing that Fuse Talk did better. :topsy_turvy: Thanks for checking on it for me.

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salustra View Post
    Well, phooey. We found one thing that Fuse Talk did better. :topsy_turvy: Thanks for checking on it for me.
    Well there was bound to be one​...
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    And I see that some kind admin fixed my typo. Thank you!

A.K.A. "The Manfriend"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rename "General Topics of Interest" to "General Topics"

Chasing the cheetah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Rename "General Topics of Interest" to "General Topics"
    But Patrick, if "General Topics of Interest" is changed to "General Topics," the topics will then include topics of no interest.
    BS1,2 - SL's ($238,231) gone - 7/2012
    BS3 - Done - 5/2017 ($150,000). Now filling sinking funds (car replacement, roof, etc.)
    BS4 - Social security (since 6/2016), pension & 457b on retirement. After tax investing - I wish I had.
    BS6 - In apt & working in one state, paid off house (7/1/15) in another - DDs house sitting (yes it is a good idea)
    BS7:

'If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went.' Will Rogers

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by textev View Post
    But Patrick, if "General Topics of Interest" is changed to "General Topics," the topics will then include topics of no interest.
    Interesting.

Bad Immerito! Bad, Bad Immerito! Immerito's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    OK, the dust is starting to settle. The name of the site has changed, we are gathering moderator nominations, and we've got donations set up and nearly fully implemented.

So - what else do people want to see? I know Lex is working on SSL but only the geeks will understand that one

Top of my personal list:
    1) CHAT
    Was chat used that much? I never saw anyone in there.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It was used quite a bit for a while, then fell into disuse.

It's my opinion at least a portion of the reason it fell into disuse was the lack of promotion. The most common complaint I heard about Chat was "I don't go there because nobody's ever there." If there were a regularly-scheduled Chat session or two, maybe people would have a reason to be there. Of course, the second most common complaint I heard about Chat was "I went there and people were already having a conversation; I didn't want to interrupt." Typically, Chat etiquette states that one shouldn't expect to be having a private conversation in a public chat room (there is usually a way for private person-to-person communication outside of the publicly-viewable channel, though) and there's nothing wrong with anyone entering a room and giving out a general "Hello!" even if there is other traffic in the room. Perhaps a few threads on how Chat works would help ease people's concerns.