User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do I stop getting notified every time I'm quoted?

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When you quote someone else, it notifies that user that you quoted them, and because you did the quoting, it shows up in your log.

When someone quotes you, it notifies you and sets a counter in the top right counter showing that you've been quoted. This counter is NOT set when you quote them, from what I can tell.
    notify2.jpg

This is barely visible. Is it really bothering you that much?
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

I have no idea what you're talking about. FashionBroker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm OCD. Sorry?

Yes, I am notified when I'm quoted, but I am also being notified when I quote others.
    BS 7!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    Testing
    I got the alert (cool).

But let me see if It will add a notification for me...
    BS 7!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, I get the alert, too. I'll leave it alone, but I still don't like it.
    BS 7!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well I'm afraid for now you're stuck with it until we make a permanent decision regarding whether user tagging will stick around and at what level. If we decide to go pro, then I believe you'll be able to disable it at a personal level. If we don't go pro, but keep it, well - I'm sorry that it bothers your OCD but it's not always possible to please everyone 100%.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FashionBroker View Post
    Yep, I get the alert, too. I'll leave it alone, but I still don't like it.
    Me neither, and I'm not OCD. I keep checking cuz I think it's a personal message. Not a major deal for me but a little daily annoyance. Sure hope we get the choice to disable it in the future though.
    "Far away, there, in the sunshine, are my brightest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
    ~~ Louisa May Alcott

BS7 reached in 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    Well I'm afraid for now you're stuck with it until we make a permanent decision regarding whether user tagging will stick around and at what level. If we decide to go pro, then I believe you'll be able to disable it at a personal level. If we don't go pro, but keep it, well - I'm sorry that it bothers your OCD but it's not always possible to please everyone 100%.
    Sigh. I understand. I wish it didn't bother me. I'll try to control it.

Can you change your eyeball avatar to make up for it? It doesn't bother my OCD. It's just really creepy.
    BS 7!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FashionBroker View Post
    Sigh. I understand. I wish it didn't bother me. I'll try to control it.

Can you change your eyeball avatar to make up for it? It doesn't bother my OCD. It's just really creepy.
    But... that's the point...

9. Likes CousinItt liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2