Thread: Hey, Mods

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    It is a really good thing that I love DFF or the aggravation would not have been worth it.
    So today I again used the Zelle phone app which again transferred me to my bank whose mobile banking app I had downloaded when Zelle did that to me before.
    It seemed to be better news. I was given a screen to enter the email address. I was given a screen that asked if this was the person I wanted to send the money to. I was given a screen to enter the dollar amount. I was given a screen that asked the purpose of the money.

After I said "gift" I got a screen that said I had to call the bank.

I was on hold with the bank for 22 minutes and then talked to the agent for another 23. Though her English was good, I'm not at all sure about her comprehension.
    Or perhaps it was my comprehension.

She kept telling me my security was high. When I asked what that meant and whether I had put some sort of high security block on my bank account, she kept saying my security was high. Then she said she had to ask me some security questions.

I thought she was going to ask me for my Favorite Restaurant and Maternal Grandmother's Maiden Name.
    But I was wrong.

She asked me who I was sending the money to, if I knew them, and what the purpose for sending the money was.

Anyway, I finally logged on to the laptop and succeeded in sending money. I told her it had worked. She kept talking and saying she was trying to see if it worked and continued to reference high security.

Pretty please, can I just mail a good old fashioned check next time?

I donated a whole number. Hope it arrives as a whole number.
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    yep, whole number

Sorry it's such a bugger - we'll be set for a good while now.
    'And, finally, when all of the pulling was done, Gertrude, behind her, again had just one...
    That one little feather she had as a starter. But now that's enough, because now she is smarter.'

3. Likes samkidsmom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Got paid today, so sent money tonight thru Zelle. Tried to take a screenshot because my layout for switching to business is different than Chuck's, but it told me for security purposes my bank will not allow screenshots from the app (Fifth Third).
    Mortgage $0.00

Moving to BS3. My car loan is at 2.25%, and my high-yield savings account pays 5.15% It doesn't make sense to pay off the car early.
    BS3: $5530
    BS2: Car loan ​$8502.25/$17,724.29

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    @wintersong you might find the process easier if you start from within your banking app, rather than starting with Zelle. That's how mine works.
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmom42 View Post
    @wintersong you might find the process easier if you start from within your banking app, rather than starting with Zelle. That's how mine works.
    I've finally been able to contribute so all is now well.

But, as I posted earlier, I started out trying to go through my bank and it kicked me out. When I talked to the bank about it, they said it was because I had my landline number with them instead of my cell. But I don't want them to have the cell, so someone in this thread suggested I just put the Zelle app on my phone and do it that way. Which didn't work b/c Zelle connected me back to my bank.

And today when I spent all that time with the bank customer service, I told her I didn't want the bank to have my cell and I asked if Zelle had given them my cell. She dodged the question. At least, I think it was a dodge--she said she couldn't answer me for privacy sake unless I showed I was me and she asked me for my cell number. Now, was that a trick to get me to give up my number, or did Zelle input my cell in their records? Dunno and given my amount of irritation, it would not have been pleasant had I pressed for clarification.
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just want to say that I LOVE THIS FORUM! People willing to nearly tear their hair out trying to donate money is simply...AWESOME!

TEAM SARAH

​Back to BS3

"No, it's a case of you did accidental smart back when you were doing mostly stupid. So, now that you're doing intentional smart, don't add in some intentional stupid to undo the accidental smart."

Thanks to Herbert N. for this quote

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Uninstalled. Hopefully we have enough money at DFF to last at least a year. Then I can fight with technology all over again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll certainly donate.
    BS7, Mutual Funds, Single Stocks.

Disclaimer: I don't discuss my personal finances in length for example how much money I have saved or how much I invest etc. I discuss my finances in very little detail. I don't feel the need to share my personal life or financial life on the internet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    I'll certainly donate.
    GREAT to see you back! You have been missed.
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmom42 View Post
    GREAT to see you back! You have been missed.
    Thank you I'm still around.My job keeps me so busy I tend to fall off the radar.
    BS7, Mutual Funds, Single Stocks.

Disclaimer: I don't discuss my personal finances in length for example how much money I have saved or how much I invest etc. I discuss my finances in very little detail. I don't feel the need to share my personal life or financial life on the internet.