Thread: Hey, Mods

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    This thread is too much like work. I work for a bank call center. Guess what I deal with all day long? Zelle questions, Zelle holds and blocks. Don't type that this is a gift unless you want to go through the drill of verifying that you know the sender because there is so much Zelle fraud going on right now.

In no particular order, the following do not accept Zelle or gift cards that you call a phone number and give the codes off of them for payments:

IRS
    Social Security
    Utility companies
    Amazon

The latest scam is that you receive an email or phone call from "Amazon" or "utility company" telling you that you have ordered a big ticket item that is getting ready to post to your bank account and we need to refund it (the Amazon scam) or you have overpaid your bill (utility scam). Login to your online banking and into Zelle so we can "refund" the money. If you do and send the money, there's no way to recoup it. If you give them remote access to your computer, you've just given them your login info and compromised all your accounts. People with cell phones don't realize this is a mini computer and those bat rastards can hide software on those, too. Usually you end up opening new accounts and paying for your computer to be scrubbed and phones completely reset to factory settings.

You are out the money. You cannot get it back.

We think it's called Zelle because it rhymes with hell, where there's a special place reserved for those who scam, especially the elderly.
    Last edited by wannabedebtfree; 03-09-2022 at 12:13 AM.
    Annie

VISION: Move out of state

BS 2 COMPLETE 6/25/22!

2. Hug traveller1932 hugged this user
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabedebtfree View Post
    This thread is too much like work. I work for a bank call center. Guess what I deal with all day long? Zelle questions, Zelle holds and blocks. Don't type that this is a gift unless you want to go through the drill of verifying that you know the sender because there is so much Zelle fraud going on right now.

We think it's called Zelle because it rhymes with hell, where there's a special place reserved for those who scam, especially the elderly.
    So. I am a non-techy. I'm also paranoid about websites and cell phones. But I love DFF. So since I put the Zelle app, as well as my bank's app, on my phone in a futile attempt to donate that way....
    1) What do you suggest I do with the Zelle app and the bank app that are now on my phone?
    2) And what do you suggest I do with the Zelle registration that is now connected to the bank and accessible through the bank's web page?
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

Likes to push her luck too much. SueandTom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Thanks to you, Gertie, and all who work to keep this place running!
    BS7: July 31, 2014

website for my art: http://TheArtOfSurprise.com

5. Thanks cwilli26 thanked for this post
    Likes fourteeners, samkidsmom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late to the party, but sent this morning. Thanks to all.
    Cheryl
    ---------------------------
    'You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.' Edwin Louis Cole
    'A dozen elephants for a nickel is only a good deal if you have a nickel and need a dozen elephants.'
    'The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.' Chinese proverb
    ---------------------------
    BS5 - Cash-flowing living expenses for DD - launching from completing college
    BS6 - Mortgage! $22,375 Left / $91,883

7. Thanks cwilli26 thanked for this post
    Making the sprint
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    just sent money via paypal
    Lynn- trying to make it on social security, and money from my DH's life insurance. The money from his pension has been placed in an emergency account to cover major expenses. I still have my pension just sitting until I have to mandatory distributions.

9. Thanks cwilli26 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    oh. I just put 'Gertie McFuzz' as the name thru Zelle.

this modern technology confuses and frightens me.
    "Budgeting is like sex...it ain't good til it hurts!" -polly-anna

'You can make changes or you can make excuses.' ~me
    'Don't bankrupt your tomorrow to pay for your yesterday.' ~also me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Well, it seems like it requires a name but it doesn’t really matter what name you use.
    'And, finally, when all of the pulling was done, Gertrude, behind her, again had just one...
    That one little feather she had as a starter. But now that's enough, because now she is smarter.'

Coasting towards the finish line
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    My bank supports Zelle, and transactions get sent from within the banking app on my phone; no debit card used. My screen did not look quite like Chuck's, but that might also be the difference between iOS and Android. Anyway, I think I chose Debt Free as the first name and Fanatics as the last name. I did not say it was a business. Worked like a champ.

I had been pronouncing it ZELL-ee, but apparently, it is just Zell. Not sure why they added the e at the end. Anyway, it is a product owned by Bank of America, BB&T (now Truist), Capital One, JPMorgan Chase, PNC Bank, U.S. Bank and Wells Fargo. It is likely available within the app for each of these banks. Probably more, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fourteeners View Post
    My bank supports Zelle, and transactions get sent from within the banking app on my phone; no debit card used. My screen did not look quite like Chuck's, but that might also be the difference between iOS and Android. Anyway, I think I chose Debt Free as the first name and Fanatics as the last name. I did not say it was a business. Worked like a champ.

I had been pronouncing it ZELL-ee, but apparently, it is just Zell. Not sure why they added the e at the end. Anyway, it is a product owned by Bank of America, BB&T (now Truist), Capital One, JPMorgan Chase, PNC Bank, U.S. Bank and Wells Fargo. It is likely available within the app for each of these banks. Probably more, too.
    I used the Zelle feature via my Schwab app for the record (from an iPhone, so iOS).
    BS7: arrived 9/13/13

When you finally learn that a person's behavior has more to do with their internal struggle than it ever did with you, you learn grace.

14. Likes fourteeners liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fourteeners View Post

short 'gazelle'? meaning FAST electronic transactions?
    "Budgeting is like sex...it ain't good til it hurts!" -polly-anna

'You can make changes or you can make excuses.' ~me
    'Don't bankrupt your tomorrow to pay for your yesterday.' ~also me

16. Likes fourteeners liked this post