It is a really good thing that I love DFF or the aggravation would not have been worth it.
So today I again used the Zelle phone app which again transferred me to my bank whose mobile banking app I had downloaded when Zelle did that to me before.
It seemed to be better news. I was given a screen to enter the email address. I was given a screen that asked if this was the person I wanted to send the money to. I was given a screen to enter the dollar amount. I was given a screen that asked the purpose of the money.

After I said "gift" I got a screen that said I had to call the bank.

I was on hold with the bank for 22 minutes and then talked to the agent for another 23. Though her English was good, I'm not at all sure about her comprehension.
Or perhaps it was my comprehension.

She kept telling me my security was high. When I asked what that meant and whether I had put some sort of high security block on my bank account, she kept saying my security was high. Then she said she had to ask me some security questions.

I thought she was going to ask me for my Favorite Restaurant and Maternal Grandmother's Maiden Name.
But I was wrong.

She asked me who I was sending the money to, if I knew them, and what the purpose for sending the money was.

Anyway, I finally logged on to the laptop and succeeded in sending money. I told her it had worked. She kept talking and saying she was trying to see if it worked and continued to reference high security.

Pretty please, can I just mail a good old fashioned check next time?

I donated a whole number. Hope it arrives as a whole number.