Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chasing the cheetah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilli26 View Post
    None of these things really turned out to be a benefit quite honestly, but I donate just to make sure the forums continue because I like what goes on here for the most part.
    I like most of what goes on here too, not all of course. But it would make me nervous if I were on a site where I liked everything. (Well, unless it were strictly dedicated to chocolate.)

Quote Originally Posted by lexnaturalis View Post
    I'll be working up a more formal post later, but here are the rough details:
    We currently have $217.60 cash on hand.
    Our monthly expenses are ~$49.99/mo. Some months are more because of various annual fees. So we have about 4 months of operating cash right now.
    We'll open up donations soon, I think, I just need to handle some logistics stuff.
    Lex, thanks for the numbers. (I like numbers.) But in this case, I don't know the implication of the numbers.

It does seem to me that maintaining a year of expenses all the time would be the most secure and allow for the most flexibility on the part of Greebo and/or those who are helping keep the operation going. If there were always a year of expenses in the bank/on the books that covers about 12 months of regular expenses, or, for example, equipment or software upgrades plus less than 12 months of expenses (at which point - let us know so we can replenish!) But I wouldn't object to a year of expenses at all times plus a reserve for equipment or software upgrades. At least that's my input FWIW.

Anyway - let us know.
    Last edited by textev; 12-29-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    BS1,2 - SL's ($238,231) gone - 7/2012
    BS3 - Done - 5/2017 ($150,000). Now filling sinking funds (car replacement, roof, etc.)
    BS4 - Social security (since 6/2016), pension & 457b on retirement. After tax investing - I wish I had.
    BS6 - In apt & working in one state, paid off house (7/1/15) in another - DDs house sitting (yes it is a good idea)
    BS7:

'If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went.' Will Rogers

2. Likes pknord, rolo4evr liked this post