Thread: Not able to edit my posts

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ok hopefully last question.

Are you STILL unable to edit your posts in that thread?
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    Ok hopefully last question.

Are you STILL unable to edit your posts in that thread?
    I just tried to edit one that I just posted and it didn't let me.
    BS7

BS4 15%
    BS5 $500 per mo starting Jan '19
    BS6 $0
    BS7 11-4-19

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So you can see the edit button but the save isn't sticking?
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, you could describe it that way. The save button is there but nothing happens when I click on it.

I get the same thing at work on my newer computer vs my old laptop. Both are running Windows 8 in Explore.
    BS7

BS4 15%
    BS6 $0
    BS7 11-4-19

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just noticed when I tried to edit that last post that the cancel also doesn't do anything. So, I hit F5 to get out of it.
    BS7

BS4 15%
    BS6 $0
    BS7 11-4-19

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ok I'd like you to log out of the site completely, then clear your cache and all cookies related to this site. Then log back in, go to the post you tried to edit, and hit CTRL-F5 while on that page. Then try to edit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok I'd like you to log out of the site completely, then clear your cache and all cookies related to this site. Then log back in, go to the post you tried to edit, and hit CTRL-F5 while on that page. Then try to edit.
    That worked! Thanks

Will I need to do that every time?
    BS7

BS4 15%
    BS6 $0
    BS7 11-4-19

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hopefully not. I suspect you had a corrupted cookie or cached javascript. This should have fixed the issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully not. I suspect you had a corrupted cookie or cached javascript. This should have fixed the issue.
    Thanks again! I appreciate your help
    BS7

BS4 15%
    BS6 $0
    BS7 11-4-19

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2