Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Completed change requests

Chasing the cheetah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Re: What features would you most like to see added?

I'm happy already.

But I would be ecstatic if we could have a Fitness Forum or whatever you want to call it.

I might even turn cartwheels, which would be quite amusing for one and all (check my age), including the paramedics who would inevitably get called.....

Really, I would love love love love a Fitness forum.

BS1,2 - SL's ($238,231) gone - 7/2012
    BS3 - Done - 5/2017 ($150,000). Now filling sinking funds (car replacement, roof, etc.)
    BS4 - Social security (since 6/2016), pension & 457b on retirement. After tax investing - I wish I had.
    BS6 - In apt & working in one state, paid off house (7/1/15) in another - DDs house sitting (yes it is a good idea)
    BS7:

'If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went.' Will Rogers

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well geez all ya had to do was ask!
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Chasing the cheetah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

No cartwheels necessary?

;D ;D ;D
    BS1,2 - SL's ($238,231) gone - 7/2012
    BS3 - Done - 5/2017 ($150,000). Now filling sinking funds (car replacement, roof, etc.)
    BS4 - Social security (since 6/2016), pension & 457b on retirement. After tax investing - I wish I had.
    BS6 - In apt & working in one state, paid off house (7/1/15) in another - DDs house sitting (yes it is a good idea)
    BS7:

'If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went.' Will Rogers

Picking up speed lumberjack2001's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by textev View Post
    I'm happy already.

But I would be ecstatic if we could have a Fitness Forum or whatever you want to call it.

I might even turn cartwheels, which would be quite amusing for one and all (check my age), including the paramedics who would inevitably get called.....

Really, I would love love love love a Fitness forum.
    Agree! A Fitness forum would be awesome!

--Oops! Guess it was already added! Thanks Greebo!
    BS1 - Completed 12/2012
    BS2 - Completed 12/2013 - paid off 26k+ in one year
    BS3 - Completed 11/2014
    BS4 - 15% to 401k plus 6% company match
    BS5 - n/a - no kids
    BS6 - Payoff Goal: 2034

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars. Norman Vincent Peale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a forum for relationships would be awesome--a place to discuss relationship boundaries, in-laws, friends, etc. Maybe it would be best discussed under general discussion, but I think there are enough of these questions that come up that it might justify a category of its own.

Spreading the word stressedmess's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The previous forum had a 'Most Recent Posts' or something similar. You could click on and you would get a list of all the most current threads from all of the individual categories. That is what I always used, rather than clicking through each category.

Just want to say that you folks are doing a FANTASTIC job of being responsive to all of our wants. Thank you for your hard work!!!
    BS 6 - $17,796 remaining
    Retired Aug. 2014

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stressedmess View Post
    The previous forum had a 'Most Recent Posts' or something similar. You could click on and you would get a list of all the most current threads from all of the individual categories. That is what I always used, rather than clicking through each category.
    Click the 'Show unread posts since last visit.' thingie up top. That's what it does. I use it almost exclusively unless I think of something I want to add to a thread that hasn't had any traffic recently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tanccaz View Post
    How about a notification feature if someone quotes your post, so that we know there is conversation happening and we know to respond to it? Or is this already available and I just don't know where to look?
    At the top of the page is a 'Show replies to your posts' link which is about as close as we're likely to get to that idea for a while.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wintersong View Post
    Someone mentioned this in another post, but is it possible to have the different categories posted to the left like on TMMO?
    SMF and most forums in fact lay out their topics differently. Here, at the bottom of the thread, is a drop down labeled 'Jump to:' with the forums in it. If you pick a different forum from that list, you will be taken there.

Personally I hated the left hand menu and always hid it. Took up too much space for dead info.

Still, if I come across a 'left hand navigation panel' mod I'll look at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Evil Mr. Greebo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tanccaz View Post
    How about a notification feature if someone quotes your post, so that we know there is conversation happening and we know to respond to it? Or is this already available and I just don't know where to look?
    At the top of the page is a 'Show replies to your posts' link which is about as close as we're likely to get to that idea for a while.
    I have been using that. Thank you so much for all of your hard work, greebo!
    Started April 2005 net worth $65,000
    BS1 completed April 2005
    BS 2 completed $44K by March 2006
    BS3 6 mos FFEF completed Dec. 2007
    BS 4-5 Jan. 2008- 2026 projected
    BS 6 Jan 2008- June 15, 2018
    BS 7 June 15, 2018 net worth $850,250.02
    Started a small business Sept. 2011.
    Working in our business and on our business